Friday, April 16, 2010

"we usually teach what we most need to learn"

busy, busy, busy, that's what we've been for these school holidays, we spent some of Easter in Bathurst celebrating little Sid's christening and Tim's sisters 40th birthday party - loads of good fun!!!!! home to have my wonderful SIL and her 5 children to stay for a few days, back to Bathurst for a funeral and an unexpected sleepover in Kurrajong (due to a huge truck smash on the F3 freeway, which clogged up all north bound traffic), but it did mean we spent a day with the kids bushwalking and chillin' out with their cousins some more :). Home for a couple of days and today we spent it at the movies and then the beach, just perfect weather for it, just love this time of year. And tomorrow I'm cooking up a storm to take a heap of food to a party in Sydney on Sunday, I'll be glad when the holidays are over and I can resume the normal routine!!!!!!!

Below is a LO I started for a challenge yonkers ago ........ I did finish it awhile ago too, but kept on forgetting to photograph it!!!!!, I've used a wonderful WIOIN kit that the lovely Linda sent to me as a RAK awhile ago - thanks again Linda for your generous surprise, these products are just so me :). It's Pat of course still riding a "mini-bike" he had when he was 2, still hasn't lost its charm even after 7 years of constant riding!!!!!!.
In other news this Tuesday, 20th April will see the start of another Bon's CyberCrop, starts at 7.30pm and as always there will be loads of inspiring challenges and prizes up for grabs, not to mention lots of fun and chatter, hope to see you all there :).
For those of us still on school holidays hope you all enjoy the last 2 days left before the "routine" begins again :), and those who are already in the routine - lucky you :).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOve that LO, Jane. Sounds like you've been so busy, enjoy the weekend before the routine begins again. Take car xx

Monique said...

Wow Jane, all that activity has left my head spinning!!!
Love your layout too Jane-so bright and funky!!!

Peta said...

sounds like my SH!!! i was lucky i got around that crash.... took an extra 1.5hrs but got home!!!
hope to catch up at a class soon :)))

Julie said...

Loooove that LO Miss Jane! Just too clever! Yes, sadly that school routine starts again .... bring on the July school hols i say !!

Karen L said...

Wow it does sound like a busy time at your place Jane - but all good memories too. I really love your layout. Love the colours. Enjoy your weekend up in Sydney - routine will set in all too soon again.

Melanie H said...

Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate, hope everything slows down once the children are back at school.

Fantastic page Jane, I love the wonderful colour combo you used.

Linda Eggleton said...

I'm sure you will enjoy the slow down this week, Jane....and the peace & quiet. lol

I LOVE what you've done with the WIOIN kit - fab LO!

Marion Werren said...

Hi Jane...thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. You have been super busy. OMG! it has been so long since we have seen you. I was just having a quick look at your blog, before i go teach my class.You have been doing some really beautiful layouts. I hope we get to see you soon.
Marion xxxx

Ceci said...

I really love the combo of colours on that WIOIN layout, it really pops! :)