Saturday, July 10, 2010

"giving love and dignity to others enriches your life and theirs"

I've been having a lovely day today, actually doing some scrapping ....... gotta love it when a plan actually goes to plan :). Just had to scrap this "new" old car that we bought, a beautiful '62 EK Holden in completely original condition, the colour is atlantic coral or salmon or something like that anyway :) and her names Kay :). The kids just love her and so do Tim & I, we are getting seat belts put in the back for the kids so then we can actually drive her without stressing all the time about the kids sliding all around the place in the back :), they think that's a bit special, but I don't!!!!!!! I've used the new Fancy Pants Wishful papers and stickers available at Scrapbooknbits shop, I've added some Pink Paislee big numbers and MME brads and the cool Studio Calico Fabrips that I got in a kit from Bons :)
and this one is using the scraps up from the kit that Peta sent me for DOTM for Scrapbooking from Scratch in June, got the idea from the Aussie Scrap Source blog awhile ago where they DT were challenged to use strips in a similar sort of way :) and as you can see my sewing machine is still copping a workout :_
Hope everyone is enjoying their school holidays, we've just finished one very busy one and have another 2 to go :).

8 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, Kay looks like a very special old girl, Jane! And she looks like she is in great condition - what a fabulous find! Just love the page you've done on her!!!

Karen L said...

Great layouts Jane - I especially love the EH Holden Layout. Steve's Nana drove one of those up until a couple of years ago when it was stolen out of her garage. She bought it brand new so was very sad when some one nicked it. I love the colour of her as well.

Melanie H said...

"Kay" is just adorable as is your page. Love the colour of the car.

I love the way you stitched the rectangle.

Monique said...

I adore that EH Holden Jane - it is such a classically beautiful car!
The layouts are awesome too - so different, but both full of inspiration!

Ceci said...

Oh wow Jane those layouts are both gorgeous..the car one is a stunner, and the snuggle buddy one is soooo cute. :)

lexie said...

I love your holden LO! Great work as always Jane

Shelly said...

Your blog is gorgeous Jane-never been here before*blush*-totally love your stuff, very clever,and so balanced!

kerry said...

Awesome car layout JAne and the other one is beautiful too.TAke care Kerry xx